cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correspondence print amount with wrong format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

i use the 'write to' statement to move the amount from a type P variable to a type C varaible, so that the display amount C will have the comma. Previouly i think the only one thing impact the format is the user defalut decimal notation.

but in our testing system it dosen't follow the user defalut decimal notation setting, when i use the write to sentence, whatever your decimal notation setting is , it only use on fomat.

Any suggetion on this?

is there any other place can control the amount display fomat?

or Usually how your guys to disply the amount with comma?

any feedback will be appreciate

thansk in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

wanna,

When ever you use the write to syntax the properties of the sydtem settings are taken over. This is for sure.

just try to totally log off from the total system and then check again , it must work.

regards,

ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to all for your effort.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try the following -

amount is type P ,

l_amt is type char20

If amount is not initial.

write amount to l_amt .

shift l_amt deleting leading space.

endif.

and then display l_amt in smartform .

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all for your effort on this . The problem has been resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi Kudre,

The logic which you have writen can we put the condition in smartform if so please let me know where we can write .

presently iam having in the table > main area> Text_loan->in the text area(text_loan) i have the amount field &wa_final-zamount& now i want dont write a condition so that i can remove value as 0.00 .....if the amount is intial i want to pass a space could you let me know how i can do this .

regards

srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Just go to the Conditions tab of that text element.

put your condition there to check if it is not initial.

like. wa_final-zamount ne space.

Always try to open a new thread for your question

so that it will be solved faster as points would be available for that.

Regards,

Ravi Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's bec's you are assigning the value of a packed variable to a character variable.So, the value will be stored in the character variable in the internal format of your packed variable irrespective of the system default format. Try to assign the value to some numeric type fields only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for you guys.

I followed to do this. but it doesn't works.

One more thing surprised me. when i debug the write to snytax , enven with same amount the result format was different. is it relate to the customer master setting? because the copprosndance from different customer.

thansk