Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST06 Disk I/O, clock speed of CPU's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to know how to determine

1.Disk IO-Speed in GByte/h (maximum uncached read speed).

2.Clock speed of the CPU in Giga Hertz.

3. SPAM version(I have no access to SPAM transaction)

The above 2 can be obtained from ST06, but can anybody help me how to determine the maximum Disk I/O speed and the clock speed in Giga Hertz. Sometimes in ST06>Detailed Analysis>HW Info--> CPU, shows clock speed in hertz. How do i convert into Giga hertz.

Regards

Thilip Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

1000000Hz = 1000Mhz = 1Ghz

Determine the disk speed is not an easy task, it heavily depends on what kind of disk you have. And there is different IO like sequential, random write/read.

You could ask your hardware vendor for some benchmark data. If you only have single disks, then you can google for the data.

A simple test is to copy a large file and mesure the time. If you want to do more extensive tests you can check out [iozone|www.iozone.org].

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For seeing the SPAM version, u need to get the access to SPAM T-code.

Cheers

Deepu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mho,

Thanks for your reply. There is a option in st06>Detailed Analysis Menu, under snapshot analysisDisk to determine the maximum Disk I/O capacity.. But the Display is a hour-wise.. So I am confused on how to estimate the maximum Disk I/O capacity.. I do not have access to OS level, despite only ST06 access..

Regards

Thilip Kumar

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have no OS access you'll have to rely on the info from the collector... anyhow seems like you're making this way too complicated... why don't you just call the people providing hardware/OS support and ask them for the details?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was successfull in determining the SPAM version without access to SPAM transaction

1) Go to SE16. table name PAT01

2)Type sapkd* in patch field and execute.

3) the next screen shows the history of the SPAM upgrades done till date.

4) The one with the highest level is the recent SPAM version..

Regards

Thilip Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Table is empty in our system. Any Idea wht could be the issue..

Cheers

Deepu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The PAT01 table trick must depend from the release.

In my CRM 2007 system where I just did the SPAM update, the PAT01 is also empty...

But the PAT03 table holds the information.

The question is, who could need the SPAM patch level if he does not use the SPAM transaction ?

Regards,

Olivier

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question is, who could need the SPAM patch level if he does not use the SPAM transaction ?

Auditors... ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I have added the post just because it would be a alternate source of information for others..

Anyways I thank everybody for your replies..

Regards

Thilip kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone..