cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log based on the object in workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am working on the Sales order approval and rejection process in workflow. I can view the log in the outbox based on the workflow triggered.

But the requirement is that, I have to view the log as and when required (may be as a report) based on the sales order number. I have to create a Z- program for this.. But not sure about where these details are captured and if there is anything already existing to ease my job.

Pls. help me on this.

Regards

Mui Kanva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you aware that you can access the workflow log from inside VA03?

Just in case you're not: in the top left corner just underneath the menu there is a button for generic object services. Click on that and you can see an option for workflow, and from there to workflow view. This will show you a list of all the workflows that have worked with that sales order, and you can view the logs for each of them.

This works for most SAP transactions that have associated business object.

Cheers,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

Thanks for the valuble info.But the problem is that I am not able to find any button for that. I am in ECC 6.0.

Is it a cross component stuff.. and its needs some configuration I believe.. Can you pls tell me what I have to do??

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is very strange that you are not getting the SERVICE for OBJECT Button. If you are not getting it, then someone might have done some coding to hide it or it is a bug in your system. If this button is appearing and the log is not appearing then it might happen that standard table SWWWIHEAD entry for that Wflow instance has been refreshed. Please check with SAP or search this Network for documents related to upgrade to ECC 6.0

Thanks

Arghadip

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah, nearly forgot. SD disabled GOS by default from VA03 for performance reasons.

You can enable it by adding a parameter SD_SWU_ACTIVE into your user profile, with a value 'X'. GOS should then appear in VA03.

This parameter must be set for all users wishing to see workflow logs from VA03.

Cheers,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Mike..

I have used your solution to view the workflow log for any particular SO.

Thanks a lot Arghadip and Martin

Your solutions were useful for me to get other details like the number of SO rejected and accepted during a given period, etc... (Yet to develop the report)

I have got a good learning.. thanks again..

Regards

Mui Kanva

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can obtain this data from table SWW_WI2OBJ or you use the FM provided by Martin.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for ur replies.. What I understood after seeing those Function Modules and Tables is that, the input I have to give is the WorkItem ID and does not contain the Object details. But my requirement is that, say if I have created a Sales Order with number 1000, I have to track the process (the workitems that were executed, the result of the workitems, status, agent, and other details of the workitems in the workflow triggered) of that based on that document number (by giving document number 1000 as the input, I have to list the steps that were processed).

This is for the end user who doesnt even know the workflow which has got triggered, but wants to view the details of the approval process of his Sales document.

I am sorry if I have not understood the usage of the function modules and the table. I am new to all this.

Regards

Mui Kanva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot..

I have got the solution using your answers. (Just needed a little more study)..

Regards

Mui Kanva

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need a separate program, take a look at Trx SWI6, it should serve you purpose.

Regards, IA

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Showing the log exactly the same as you can do from a task or from the outbox will require some debugging from you. Also you don't say what kind of log you want, the technical or the user log? If you want to build up your own log in a report you at least need two FM's:

SAP_WAPI_WORKITEMS_TO_OBJECT for finding the relevant workflow and

SWL_GET_PROCESS_STEPLIST To get the data of the 'old' technical log in a table.

Regards,

Martin