cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget control for PR Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using Investment Management for the Project.

I have activated the availability control.

1) I want to restrict the Purchase requisition creation without having the budget release.

2) For Internal Man hour planning, it is not allowing as Budget is not been released and availability control is active. For this i am creating a user status stating that, availability control forbidden. So that i can plan my cost. Just would like to know, any other way i can achieve this.

Now, I want system should thro a error when I try confirm the activity as there is No budget and also without Budget release, purchase requistion should not be generated.

Regards

N.Raju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

I advice you forbid PR creation also through user status.

Forbid Material purchase requisition.

Assume two statuses A and B.

A= Before budgetting.

B = After Budgetting.

For A

Forbid material purchase requistion.

For B

Aganist budgetting select 'set' radio button. This status will be set automatically the moment you do budgetting for project.

For this allow Material Purchase Requistion.

If your requirement is like...i distrubute budget but want to have control at budget release..than the above will not work as for budget release automatic 'set' radio button does not exists.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the input. I am lokking for a solution without user status .

Any alternative solutions.

Regards

N.Raju

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with tolerance limit and select activity group as 00 for PR and reconstruct the availablity control.

regards

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also when trying Abhinav's suggestion make sure that budget profile is set to check on release and not overall