cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requires an assignment to a CO object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP friends,

Our user created a SO and the purchase requisition. Now their requirement to create PO w.r.t. the pur requisition for a PO doc date for 01.10.2009 i.e., to create a PO for the future date. They are getting an error

"Account XXXXXXXXXX requires an assignment to a CO object".

How can resolve this issue? Can anybody help on this pl

Thanks

anifi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since the posting is happening in current period, that means a correct cost object is being assigned to the cost element. But please check the validity of the cost object. the time perio the cost object is valid is specified in its master record.

If its not valid, it will not allow to post

thanx

alok

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U r going to post PO for future date .

For this one U need to set commitment configureation and set it for 2009 year.

After that data will pass now U will get error like gl not assigne to co object.

U need to assigne element use tcode FS00 and KA01 set cost element.

Regards,

Pari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error means the GL account mapped in the PO requires an assignment to CO Object like it can be a cost center, profit center. IO or a project. Until they assign any of the above, the system wil ln ot be able to process the PO. The reason why the system asks for such assignment is the GL account must have been created as a cost element. If it is created as a cost element, you need to assing the CO object. Check in FS00 give the GL account and check the edit cost element tab or alternatively check through KA03 if the GL account is created as a cost element.

ho0pe this helps

regards,

radhika

Edited by: kolipara radhika on Sep 4, 2008 7:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Yes, we have created same as cost element and where i need to assign it. Here i will tell you one thing i.e., user is created a PO with the current date then system is allowing to post but, if he can give future date then system threws error message like have mentioned in the above thread.

Please do help

thanks

anifi

Edited by: Anifi on Sep 4, 2008 7:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the effective validity date period of the cost element ie fm which date it is effective. this will give you a solution. if the validity period is a future date and the PO is being posted wtith a future date then it will throw the errror.If you do not want that GL as a cost element delete the cost element data then there will be no issues but re confirm with your business first

regards,

radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anif,

Please check the material master in MRP2 whethe the profit center has been difiened or not and also check the okb9 settings

Regards

HK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Issue has closed, problem is profit center need to assign in TC: OKB9. Anyhow, I assigned points you and all

Thanks all and keep it up

Thanks

anifi