cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem related to Data showing in Crystal reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm working on CR9 designer and new to this, I'm working on problem that is related to formating of data on CRs.

My report is assiciated with a database with table customer info.

It has following fields: Customer first name, Customer Second name and State.

Inside my report, data is Grouped by State field and sorted on customer first name.

Now my problem is: I want to show data in mentioned format: (Customer First Name space Customer last name), (Customer First Name space Customer last name).

e.g., in front of Group Header only, I want to show this concatenated details for all customers those would fall under that Group.

e.g., I do have 2 states state1 and state2. And four customers in total. Data is something like this: (CF1, CL1, state1), (CF2, CL2, state1), (CF3, CL3, state3), (CF4, CL4, state4)

Now i want my output in report as:

State1 (CF1 CL1), (CF2 CL2)

State2 (CF3 CL3), CF4 CL4)

Thats is group header(state level) data should be able to retrive all its customer's first and last name and should format in desired format mentioned abve. Can you please help how can I do it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neha,

I'd love to give you the answer but I'd only be plagiarizing. Raghavendra gives an outstanding explanation of how to do exactly what you are trying to do.

Check this out:

Hope this helps,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jason, It worked. But has two minor issues:

1. "," comma comes even after last record also, How can I get rid of this?

2. Under Details section "EvaluateFormula" string(name that I have given to Evalulate Formula) is shown, even if I suppressed this details section, how can I get rid of this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, My these two problmes are also solved by changing DisplayFormula, that will elimilate all spaces and braces from End.

Thanks a lot for helping out in resolving this issue...It works perfectly for me

Answers (0)