cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Does SAP allow for sub-Asset Classes, i.e. Computers, but within Computers you have Servers, Laptops, Desktops, etc.? and How?

2. Client wants to keep track of expensed assets, i.e they have value and are tracked within FA, but are not depreciating? Is this possible? I seem to remember reading somewhere that this could be done. If so, do you know how?

3. Memo Value - does SAP depreciate an asset to the Memo Value and stop, i.e. if we set the Memo Value at $1, does the asset always have that value until disposed of? Client maintains assets on its books until they are physically disposed of, even when fully depreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Swati,

1) Dont think so you can create Sub-Asset Classes in SAP system.

2) You can keep track of all exp assests as required, and if dep is not required, dont assign Dep key and if necessary you can assign a key with no values. So no dep will be done for thes specific assets.

3) you can mention the value in the dep ettings, so that Asset will stop calculating dep run, when the value arrives, system will stop calcul;ation dep. This value remains in the system for ever. While doing this make sure abt default values for CO.code and Der Area.

All the best,

Sunil M