cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to locate queries in BEx Web Analyzer - New Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to run a query using the BEx Web Analyzer, I can only see queries & query views that are at the first level, but not if the queries are in sub folders.

These are the steps I used:

1. Log into the portal

2. Select tab "Business Explorer"

3. Select BEx Web Analyzer

4. Click on "New Analysis" button, and the Open dialog is displayed.

5. Click on the tab "InfoArea", I can see the first level of InfoArea. However, when I click on any of the items, it did not bring me to the next level in order to locate the InfoProvider and queries.

The button next to the InfoArea showed "sunken/pressed", but it didn't show the subsequent items.

Same thing happened when I try to access via the tab "Roles", sub folders in Favorites.

What is the reason for this? Any configurations need to be done?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you published the reports in Portals?

First you need to publish the reports in Query Designer.

Go to Query Designer, click on Query, goto Pubilsh. Under this you have the options, To role, To portal, To Broad caster.

Select publish in role, then go to the portal and you will find it there.

I hope it helps you,

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have published the queris to roles. I can locate the quries under the roles when I use BEx Analyzer, Query Designer, Web Application Designer. However, I can't locate the queries under the roles when I use BEX Web Analyzer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok...then when you have published the queries will show in Roles.

Under Roles, select the Particular info area, after that you will get the folder for cubes then you will get the list of queries.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I mentioned in my initial post, when I select the particular InfoArea, the screen did not show the subsequent levels/folders. It always stay at the first level even if I click on it to select it. My question is why is this happening, that it always stay at the first level?

Thanks.