cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

supply chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mm gurus,

my client is having 2 manufacturing plants and one supply chain unit.

this supply chain is just like an extended storage location to one manufaturing unit.

they took special permission from the goverment to transfer stock from supply chain to that particular manufacturing plant with some excise exemptions(no need to maintain any excise records).

from this supply chain very rarely some trading activities happens(for this purpose a excise registration is there and for only this purpose they are maintaing rg23d reg).

when ever stock has to transfer to 2 nd

so for this scenario how i can map .whether i can go supply chain as one plant or just as storage location to that manufacturing plant.

kindly clrify my doubt.

thanks & regards

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the supply chain unit is excise exempt and you do not have to maintain any records.. Make it a storage location for that manufacturing plant.. That way you wouldn't even have any valuation fort he Supply chain unit.

I am confused about the second half.. Trading.. I believe since the unit is not defined in SAP, the trading process is not shown in SAP also.. if this is correct , a storgae location is your best bet, else should you have other considerations, cite them and we can think