Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP 404 not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

i am on a scenario where i have a soap receiver,

in the Recv, Comm. Channel i've specified the endpoint URL.

now whn i run the whole thng this is the error i get in the response of the call:

category> xi adapter

code area"HTTP"> adapter.http_exception

addn txt> HTTP 404 NOT Found.

Now it looks pretty obvious that there might b some issue with the webservice @ this url, if it exists or not.

I tested this interface on another environment: DEV and it seems to go smoothly,

So i conclude it is not a URL prob. i do how ever have doubts that some ICF services should b active .... PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG, i am wondering if i am on the right track, some1 please throw light on this please,

I would appreciate your help ....

Points will b awarded

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hankovak,

You will get the "HTTP 404 not found" error when, your Web server thinks that the HTTP data stream sent by the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) was correct, but simply can not provide the access to the resource specified by your URL. This is equivalent to the 'return to sender - address unknown' response for conventional postal mail services.

This error is easily shown in a Web browser

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

guys thanks for ur replies, i know y a HTTP_404 occurs, but was just wondering y the error never used to come for the same url on a diff system,

i thght there ws more to it than the url,

mayb some service was not activated,

This ws the line in whch i ws thnkn,

Thanks for ur replies anywys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear hankovak ,

I am also facin the same issue. Pls confirm how you have ge the resolution on the subjected issue?

Pls advise on the same.

Regards

Machindra Patade

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also facing the same issue while accessing SAP netweaver gateway.. previously it was working but it stopped working suddenly..

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be u need to provide credentials for the webservice in SOAP Adapter.

Check the HTTP codes beloe.

4xx Client Error

The request contains bad syntax or cannot be fulfilled.

The 4xx class of status code is intended for cases in which the client seems to have erred. Except when responding to a HEAD request, the server should include an entity containing an explanation of the error situation, and whether it is a temporary or permanent condition. These status codes are applicable to any request method. User agents should display any included entity to the user. These are typically the most common codes encountered while online.

400 Bad Request

The request contains bad syntax or cannot be fulfilled.

401 Unauthorized

Similar to 403 Forbidden, but specifically for use when authentication is possible but has failed or not yet been provided. See Basic access authentication and Digest access authentication.

402 Payment Required

The original intention was that this code might be used as part of some form of digital cash or micropayment scheme, but that has not happened, and this code has never been used.

403 Forbidden

The request was a legal request, but the server is refusing to respond to it. Unlike a 401 Unauthorized response, authenticating will make no difference.

404 Not Found

The requested resource could not be found.

405 Method Not Allowed

A request was made of a resource using a request method not supported by that resource; for example, using GET on a form which requires data to be presented via POST, or using PUT on a read-only resource.

406 Not Acceptable

407 Proxy Authentication Required

408 Request Timeout

Client failed to continue the request

409 Conflict

410 Gone

Indicates that the resource requested is no longer available and will not be available again. This should be used when a resource has been intentionally removed; however, in practice, a 404 Not Found is often issued instead.

411 Length Required

412 Precondition Failed

413 Request Entity Too Large

414 Request-URI Too Long

415 Unsupported Media Type

416 Requested Range Not Satisfiable

The client has asked for a portion of the file, but the server cannot supply that portion (for example, if the client asked for a part of the file that lies beyond the end of the file).

417 Expectation Failed

5xx Server Error

The server failed to fulfill an apparently valid request.

Response status codes beginning with the digit "5" indicate cases in which the server is aware that it has errored or is incapable of performing the request. Except when responding to a HEAD request, the server should include an entity containing an explanation of the error situation, and whether it is a temporary or permanent condition. User agents should display any included entity to the user. These response codes are applicable to any request method.

500 Internal Server Error

501 Not Implemented

502 Bad Gateway

503 Service Unavailable

504 Gateway Timeout

505 HTTP Version Not Supported

Regards,

Jayasimha Jangam

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer this blog :

thanks