cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open Page Setup in CR11 in Design view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using crystal reports professional v11.0.0.1994. I am unable to open the Page setup from the File menu in this report. The Page setup function works for my other reports, just not this one. I do not want to have to recreate this report as it is complicated (for me!). I have tried saving the report as a different name. I am having trouble printing this report in our Terminal Server environment and need to be make sure the no print option is turned off.

Thanks for any assistance

Carolynne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carolynne,

Is this only occurring when you access the report through Terminal Services?

If so can you log on to the terminal server directly and do you get the same behaviour?

Are other users able to log onto the terminal server and access the report and page setup?

Are you able to open this on another client and access Page Setup?

If you go to File > Print are you able to see all of the printers listed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

We were having issues with the report in a third party application. TS - users were not able to print at all - as if the no printers check box was ticked. (users could not see any printers)

I was trying to correct this through the design opening the report on my local pc where I have Crystal Reports installed. I could sucessfully open the report, but when I clicked on File Page setup nothing happened. It was as if I hadn't clicked on the function at all.

I then opened the report in Crystal Reports installed on a server (same version) but had the same problem.

I sent the report to someone outside the organisation with the same version of crystal reports and they were able to open the Page setup and turn off the No Printers check box.

When the report came back I was able to open Page Setup.

I was trying to find out what could cause the software to ignore the page setup command in case this happened again.

Thanks Carolynne

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carolynne,

I have seen something similar when there are available printers on the machine but they aren't really installed anymore, the driver isn't installed on the machine. So if it occurs again check the available printers in the control panel and ensure that the necessary files are installed on that machine for each printer.

Answers (0)