Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Database - Show SQL Query question..

Greetings:

I am helping a co-worker with Crystal. I don't use crystal but I am able to explain the problem. My co worker is currently using crystal reports 8.5. If he pulls a query and the report is generated he can then click on Database menu then click on Show SQL Query. From there he is able to edit, add, remove fields. Now we want to place him on Crystal V10. When he does the same task, instead of being able to edit the Show SQL query he can only view it. Is there a way around this so that he can Edit the sql query in version 10 or did that feature go away in versions 9 and above. Also we are going to Purchase Crystal 2008, is this feature available in 08? Any help would be appreicated..

Former Member
Former Member replied

Jason,

If you have changed back end databases, you will have to "move" your reports to to the data source. The easiest way to do this is to to use the "Set Data Source Location" feature located under the Database menu.

If your table name and / or field names have changed the old report fields will have to be mapped to the new database.

The Help files should provide more documentation on the specifics.

Quick Tip... If this is a production report... always do this with a copy of the report that way you are protected from anything tragic.

Thanks,

Jason

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question