cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOT issue - resending errored messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our SAP 4.6 system crashed and, after it was brought back up, one of my colleagues attempted to resend mail messages that had errored out ("Cannot transfer message to node EMAIL due to RFC error"). He resent them and all are sitting in a wait status with status text "Put in the queue again by". Subsequent mail messages have been sent successfully but these continue to sit in a wait status.

I've checked SCOT and see them in a wait status.

How can I resend these messages?

Thank you for your assistance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mary,

SCOT transaction

Method

Utilities

Overview of send orders

Put in your selection criteria and execute to get a list of transmissions

Select the transmissions that you want to resend

Select the u2018Repeat sendu2019 icon from the toolbar or alternatively from the menu u2018Send Processu2019 then select Repeat sendu2019

But first I would check that the RFC connection is ok

Select the relevant node, eg INT and select your object like NOTES

You can double click to view the general node data

Alternatively from the menu select u201CNodesu2019 then u2018Displayu2019

Double click on the RFC Destination. This will take you to RFC destination (SM59) and you can test the connection

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Mike,

I actually had tried that (going to SOST and resending), but I kept receiving the message "Put in the queue again by" and the messages remained in a wait state.

When I logged in this morning, the messages had been sent.

I had checked the RFC connection (working), as well as the mail.log on our server, and saw that subsequent messages had been sent from SAP successfully to Exchange.

Unfortunately without the waiting messages to work on, I can't do any more trouble-shooting.

Thank you for your help.

Mary Ellen Whyte

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Jayasimha,

I tried first to resend through SOSt, but kept receiving the message "Put in the queue again by" and the messages remained in the waiting state. I did a little research and tried going through SCOT -- didn't work.

Thanks for your help,

Mary Ellen Whyte

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to SOST Transaction and resend it