cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there versioning in deploying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I Had done a project in webdynpro.And it is running successfully in production server.But they need some enhancement and so they asked me to create the same project in a new DC ,for not making any impact in the production now itself.I imported all the existing project to that new DC and made some changes and deployed the new one.Its running successfully.But if i try to run the old application it is giving the error.but if i deploy that i m getting the output.In this case both the application run successfully.

Is there any solution for this.And wht is the reason for this.

Regards

AD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry..

1)If i deploy & run the new webdynpro it runs successfully

if i run the old webdynpro Gives me error.

2) if I deploy & Run the new webdynpro, runs successfully

if I deploy & Run the old webdynpro, runs successfully

But still the old webdynpro is running on the server.If we do some changes and deploy the new webdynpro on the same server ,the old applcation which is being used by many users give eroor.In that case i have to deploy the old webdynpro also.

Only the Dc name is different in the 2 Dcs..

Rest of the things are same in both the Dcs..

does it make any issues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya. If you use the same project name and package names.. while deploying the WD applications.. it writes the apps in folders.. one deployment of one application will overwrite teh folders of another..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

<i>But if i try to run the old application it is giving the error.but if i deploy that i m getting the output.In this case both the application run successfully.</i>

1) Can you be elaborate on the scenario?

2) Can you post the error here?

Best Regards,

Nibu.