Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe LiveCycle Designer not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.1

But when I add UI element interactive Form in nwds , and click on edit, it hangs

also when i go to sapgui , trasaction SFP and click on layout, again the session hangs

I have uninstalled and installed several times but it doesnt work

The FormDesigner works well when started independently in my PC

I am trying to find 7.1 version for trial download but i can only find Enterprise Suite for the Adobe Livecycle Designer

Can anybody help by giving some clues ?

thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/02/adobe-livecycle-designer-common-crash-problem

C:\Documents and Settings\your_user_name\Application Data\Adobe\Designer

your_user_name = this is your username used by your windows.

Solution:-

Just rename your Designer

to Designer_backup

or

you can choose to delete it.

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

this problem is assumed to be the same as

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the version of NWDS that you are using and if it is compatible with lifecycle designer 7.1. If possible use Lifecycle designer 7.0 and then try to design the form in NWDS. Usually it crashes because of memory issues.

Thanks,

S-B

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My NWDS version is 7.0

All other colleagues have used same nwds and adobe as i am using

Also the SFP transaction in sapgui is not working

from where can i get Lifecycle designer 7.0 ?

memory issues means do i have many projects open or something like that ?

thank you

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rita,

I too faced similar problem once when I used NWDS 7.0.09. At that time the problem was difference in java(JRE) version. Try to use same java version like including patches (e.g. j2sdk1.4.2_09 ). I think if it is memory issues you can easily resolve by closing other projects or creating new workspace.

If you are getting any error message, please post that message too.

The FormDesigner works well when started independently in my PC

I did not understand its meaning,can you explain this a bit clearer?

Regards,

Siva

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

thanks for the response.

Could you please explain exactly what is 'difference in java JRE version' and 'using same java version like including patches' ?

I am using j2sdk1.4.2_12 because that is required for the interface controller to work. And I have seen that in many other nwds, adobe forms is working with this version

should i remove this and put j2sdk1.4.2_09 ?

if there was any problem in nwds, the form designer should atleast work in SFP transaction when i login through sapgui, am i right ?

After I installed my Form Designer, I go to program files, adobe, designer and click on formdesigner.exe i can open the form designer and make the forms. that what i meant when i said formdesigner works independently in my PC

Sometimes i get an error message and sometimes the session hangs.

thank you

r

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometimes you can have multiple instances of JRE installed on your computer. You can go and check this out in Control Panel -> Add Remove programs.

Remove all the instance of JDK and JRE and then install only one version of JDK. JDK will come along with a inbuild JRE.

In your case it appears to be a memory issue. Close all the projects in workspace. Increase RAM of the computer or PC. It should be around 2 GB for NWDS to work fine.

If the problem still exists then try re-installing the NWDS IDE again.

Adobe lifecycle designer can be downloaded from adobe website for trail verson -

Link: [http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/designer/]

Thanks,

S-B