cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASAP! Exporting to Powerpoint and move it from computer to computer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to be able to load my xcelsius dashboard onto powerpoint, have it displayed (at least when played) and have it be able to move from computer to computer without any problems or changes. How can I do this? I really need an answer quickly. Thank you in advance. I am currently using windows Vista and office 2007. I want all this to be done simply...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

It looks like I'm having issues when viewing SWF files within the PPTX extension as well.

You may want to try and use PPT extension for now. In the event that one of the machines viewing the PowerPoint presentation doesn't have Office 2007 installed, using PPT would be a safe bet that they'll be able to view the file as most Office suites use the PPT extension (while PPTX is viewable in only PowerPoint 2007).

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.) Create your model in Xcelsius

2.) File --> Export --> PowerPoint Slide

3.) PowerPoint application will open.

• Note If it is blank, click F5 to enter SlideShow mode and view the SWF movie.

4.) Exit SlideShow mode (the swf should now be present)

5.) Resave again if you modify the presentation.

6.) Move .ppt file to a media of your choice to then transport to any other machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thank you for the reply. I think it worked the way you said it would, but I was wondering if you knew if this can be done to create a pptx file since I running Office 2007. When I try it as a pptx file, the resulting slide comes up with a big "X" on it, where the SWF should be. Let me know your thoughts guys.

Thanks.