cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticketing tools in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

What are the different ticketing tools used to resolve the issues/tickets in SAP and could any one explain me the life cycle(process) from where the ticket is issued and get resolved. I would like to know what process is happened and who are the persons involved in this scenario.

Could anyone reply to this query, as this is very important to me and very helpful.

Thanks in advance

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Probably you are talking about the issues which we usually get during the support process. It is different from every client to client. So you should check with your lead on this.

Ideally if you are in support once when you get the ticket under your name you should be able to resolve the issue and close the ticket.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Karthik...

Dear Sathish,

Im new to IT, could you please eloberate your answer, as what is the life cycle process to close/resolve a ticket when it is raised.

Regards

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari,

You should resolve trouble tickets reported on the application functionality. Work on trouble tickets on both the technology used to develop system interfaces as well as application functionality. Work with end users to obtain additional information to help resolve tickets. Document the resolution in trouble ticket systems. Document resolutions to develop a knowledge base for other team members. Conduct knowledge transfer sessions for production support team members if necessary. Participate in design sessions to identify and understand enhancements being developed for the system.

As I said it varies from client to client. For some more info look at these urls:

http://www.wipro.com/webpages/itservices/applnmgmt/sla_production.htm

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/fducros/production-support-what-do-you-mean-10494

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tickets are generally created for production support project . The priority of the ticket will be rated by the enduser and the ticket issue should be solved as per service level aggrement .

Ticketing Tool's are mostly third party tools: Unicentre , Mercury . They are also called as service desk.

If its a new enchancement the functional guys raise the ticked with a functional spec then a techincal spec is prepared by the technical consultant and the req will be freezed , ,depending upon then complexcity of the object time is alloted to tech consultant to complete the object .

Testing team test the ticket then User acceptance testing once the enduser is satisfied the ticket is closed.