Account assignment messages: warning to error
We're on SRM Server 550, SP12 with R/3 4.7 backend in Classic scenario.
Accounting data is set to 'real-time backend validation'.
SAP standard account assignment checks appear as warnings in SRM transactions (e.g. BBPSC03). Examples:
W BBP_PD 822 Error in account assignment for item 1
W BBP_PD 047 System status CLSD is active (ORD 12345)
We need these messages to appear as errors.
1. Is this a standard behaviour, or are we missing something (e.g. an SAP Note)?
2. Is there any solution available from Customizing perspective? Setting these to errors in "Influence Message Control" does not have any effect.
3. If the only option is custom development, which BAdI is more suitable:
- BBP_MESSAGES_BADI "Check of account assignment data and message output", or
- BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI "General BAdI in Cross-Check for Message Returns"