cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nu00FCrburgring Germany - Cars

Former Member
0 Kudos

The test of a true sportscar is how well a car will run on the ring. The german cars have ruled this track for years but now two American production cars have the fastest lap times.

I'm a car enthusiast, so I'm enjoying the competition between the Germans, Americans and Japanese cars.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> ... now two American production cars have the fastest lap times....

How'd that happen? I'm sure the Nürburgring has some quite sharp turns.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> How'd that happen? I'm sure the Nürburgring has some quite sharp turns.

Well they're both 100K cars.

Corvette ZR1

Viper ACR

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My motivation to get better at work still remains to be The [Humvees|http://www.hummer.com/#/AMERICAS/us/].

Oooooh I got hear/see about the [HX series|http://z.about.com/d/trucks/1/7/m/4/1/hummer_hx_intro.jpg].

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> My motivation to get better at work still remains to be The [Humvees|http://www.hummer.com/#/AMERICAS/us/].

>

> Oooooh I got hear/see about the [HX series|http://z.about.com/d/trucks/1/7/m/4/1/hummer_hx_intro.jpg].

>

> pk

Hummer are 70% off MSRP in Vegas. People are trying to get rid off them with loses due to gas prices. I also think the Hummer brand is being discontinued.

Go green and get the VOLT!

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Go green and get the VOLT!

I m waiting for the new camaro,used to drive a 95 and loved it.Until then i m happy in my Tuscani;)

Aamir

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>

> Hummer are 70% off MSRP in Vegas. People are trying to get rid off them with loses due to gas prices. I also think the Hummer brand is being discontinued.

>

> Go green and get the VOLT!

Couldnt agree with you more. Humvees are the meanest badass beasts on the road and a real fuel-guzzler . Practically impossible to own one, unless you are Bill Gates with a strech-version of the Humvee.

Hummer being discontinued??? Damn!!

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

> > ... now two American production cars have the fastest lap times....

Comedy genius

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't believe that Hummer is being discontinued. As far as I've heard, GM is trying to sell the division, but they're not going to just kill it off.

darren_hague
Contributor
0 Kudos

Back on topic, if you want a really fast, British sportscar around Nurburgring, you want a Caterham Seven - watch this: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Caterham-lapping-the-ring_66088.htm

Under 8 minutes - phenomenal.

- Darren

Caterham owner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Google the "Corvette ZR1" video on the ring. It has the record for the fastest stock car to run on the ring.

Insanely FAST!

Corvette owner

Edited by: John Navarro on Sep 10, 2008 12:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this one makes me pretty proud: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVDlx9qsq0w

A SLK owner.

regards

Siggi

PS: love that feeling doing a kickdown at 250km/h

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> > > ... now two American production cars have the fastest lap times....

>

> Comedy genius

I just watch too much Top Gear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> this one makes me pretty proud: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVDlx9qsq0w

>

> A SLK owner.

>

> regards

>

> Siggi

>

> PS: love that feeling doing a kickdown at 250km/h

Nice video but it is not the Ring.

Here is the ZR1's world breaking run at the ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naj7prQG1qE

Makes me proud to be an American!

Edited by: John Navarro on Sep 10, 2008 4:44 PM

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was passed by an SLK on the Autobahn just north of Frankfurt. I was doing my usual pedestrian 160kph, when I saw it in my rear view mirror. Seconds later it shot past. A thing of beauty.

On the way back, I was overtaken by a DB9. But it wasn't quite the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

may be like this

sssssssssssssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

matt
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

I was doing my usual 240 km/h (in my other car) on the autobahn near Karlsruhe earlier this year when I was overtaken by a Bentley GT Continental... (which quite obviously had been tinkered with in the electronics...)

Won't forget that very brief moment in a hurry.

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Im sure the other car was not a Koenigsegg.

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not a Bugatti Veyron either - though I have seen one of those as well.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> IBentley GT Continental...

Top speed over 300kph. I want one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could it be an Ambassador?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hw abt the Premier Padmini? ? ?

a FIAT car in India in the late 80's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi!

Ambassadors were cool! They were ugly and loud (the diesel ones at least) and were built like a tank. They could take a hell of a punishment and still keep running.

They never had any safety features and for a good reason - if you were in an accident with one, it was your car which would be demolished. The Ambassador would just happily chug away with the driver inside a little amused at how easily he could crush that pansy Maruti 800...

And I still get nightmares from listening to that blaring horn when I was little....

T00th

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Ravi!

>

> Ambassadors were cool! They were ugly and loud (the diesel ones at least) and were built like a tank. They could take a hell of a punishment and still keep running.

>

> They never had any safety features and for a good reason -> T00th

No T00th,

This is what just your only assumption.

Do you know most of the our leaders and politiations(PM) used what(Ambassadors)?

Because it gives a Royel look

Cheers

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where are all the Germans? Still not done celebrating Vettel's Podium Finish??

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

They certainly had a royally bad look if that's what you mean. They remain in my opinion ugly cars (even for the 80s and early 90s which was an especially bad time as far as car designs went). They were used by them because there was no other "big" car at the time (other than the Contessa of which I was a huge fan).

I think the new Safaris look excellent in a motorcade. Also one of my favourite automobiles. Doesnt pack much of a power punch when compared to other MUVs, but hey, not bad for a little company from India

I wouldn't really be surprised if Tata (technologically) learns now from Land Rover and Jaguar and sells them away later if they remain loss making ventures...

T00th.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pk,

well may be I am a bit a untypical german. I am not interested in that stuff, I would be if I am involved. The same appears for soccer (football). I am not a real fan of any team in the bundesliga but I am very interested in our own matches (still playing by myself in our 'old man team', average age is about 48).

regards

Siggi

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After a dissappointing debut by Narain Karthikeyan for Jordan couple of seasons back and a full-fledged F1 team thanks to Mr. Vijay Mallya I have more reasons to follow F1 now.

The team's performance has been lacklustre till date, but then we dint expect any miracles either in our first year. Sutil came devilishly close to grapping a 4th spot with 5 minutes of race time left before the Iceman decided to play devil to a billion people.

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Being fan of ferrari, i cant understand whether lewis hamilton is efficient driver or mclaren is faster than ferrari?

F1 Fan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't been to the Nürburgring for a race yet, but this June I was there for 3 glorious heavenly days for Rock am Ring 2008.

Finally saw Metallica (Hetfield has been one of the people I admire for the last 12 years), and Rage against the machine totally blew me away. In the time that I have spent in Germany, I have learnt that you are either a fan of Die Toten Hosen or Die Ärzte but never both (I mean die-hard fans). After Die Toten Hosen performance, guess I belong to them now. I mean come on, Jazz ist Anders is not punk at all

T00th

darren_hague
Contributor
0 Kudos

McLaren build competitive cars, but I have it on good authority (I live a few miles from their factory) that Lewis drives the car faster than it can theoretically go...

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its hard to believe rookie-Hamilton. Its totally against all F1 laws. Rookies dont give F1 champs a run for their money. For a long time I tried to convince myself that the forces of nature are with him. But somehow that theory is standing on loose ground. Even the high profile fortnightly girl friends aren't much of a distraction with regards to his driving skills.

R.I.P Richard Wright

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Where are all the Germans?

The Trabant won the Paris to Dakar ralley once. Makes you wonder what it was up against...

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I bet it must have been a Green one.

pk

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Could it be an Ambassador?

Theres' a new email doing the rounds claiming to be the brand new Ambassador - Ambierod - by our very own top-notch car designer Dilip Chabria.

So? Could it be an [Ambassador?|http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/117703.jpg]

pk

Edited by: prashanth kishan on Sep 26, 2008 9:27 AM

Added the picture

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julius Bussche wrote:

IBentley GT Continental...

Top speed over 300kph. I want one.

They are built in the town next to where I live. They take them for a quick run after being built on the local bypass. I've tried following them sometimes.... it's more a case of wave at it as it disappears into the distance.

I think Bentley maybe have an agreement with the local police, never seen one pulled over.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I think Bentley maybe have an agreement with the local police, never seen one pulled over.

It is very similar here in Switzerland between the police and the tractor driving hobby-farmers which account for 67% of my village's population.

Even if the police did take chase, they have no chance when we go off-road or hide in the barns.

We meet on Monday's at the pistol shooting range and laugh about the week's events over a few beers.

Of course we let the cops win the shooting practice, otherwise it wouldn't be funny...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I'm enjoying the competition between the Germans, Americans and Japanese cars.

Ahem... don't forget [the British|http://www.eatliver.com/bmw-audi-subaru-bentley/]...

Cheers,

Julius

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No matters which car having less lap time.

Real Champion is who Holds the car the [mAsSi|http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=151143] F1 Champion of '08

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

are there any british cars left? Jaguar is now Tata, Mini is BMW....

Siggi

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Julius,

>

> are there any british cars left? Jaguar is now Tata, Mini is BMW....

>

> Siggi

Aston Martin is British again I believe.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lotus as well, still British.

Speaking as a complete non-petrolhead though. That may not count for much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI dude,

if i am not wrong LOTUS belongs to proton (malasian) and not british any more

regards,

vijay.

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Lotus as well, still British.

This Sounds some fear

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah well, not a petrol head like i said. They are based in Norfolk...good enough for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I drive a Land Rover (you can say Tata to them now as well) and it drifts just like before...

The cool irony of those adverts is that Bentley is pulling a zap at Audi, but VW ownes both of them ))

Cheers,

Julius

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and Porsche is close to owning VW...that game will never stop.