cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separation Form Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have issue with the Separation form. In the filed 'Reason for separation' I selected 'Compensation' as a reason but the warning sign claims : "The selected separation reason does not exist"

It does exist because I selected it from a drop-down menu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most of the standard samples are crap (sorry, but true). They are VERY basic. Most have errors or require you to copy to actually "fit to your needs" (meaning set values to your config and such). They are really only there to use as reference when building your own custom processes. For instance, one might show you how to do help values in a drop down, one might show you how to do a table on a form, etc. They are NOT mean for "production".

For your specific case, check the MASSN/MASSG values in process config (make sure they are not set manually to incorrect values for your own config). I can not look right now at that specific process, but I am guessing that is what is wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response! Actually, they're working in Production. The issue is in Dev...

I checked the values, and they're correctly populated. The thing is that when the user selects a value from the dropdown, MASSG field is not being updated.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure the binding on the Adobe form field is correct (NOT the drop down list binding, but to the actual field itself). If that is ok, then we can look further.

Which process are you using and which form scenario are you hitting the problem in? I am not seeing anything setting the "help" values in the "standard samples"....only setting action to a manual value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the forms that we have are just copies of an old version of ISR_FORM_SPSD. Since the last upgrade they weren't working. I just made the copies again from the newer version (10/13/2013), and now everything is working fine.

The values are being filled by FM HRWPC_PCR_SD_ADD_VALUES.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahhhh ok....so confused... thought you were using HCM Processes and Forms....not the older PCRs.....well, haven't touched those in ages, but did some searching for you....

Just to check, go look at the assigned Action....

Note 683612 - PCR Customizing problem for SPSD and SPSE -

Symptom The SAP delivered standard PCR scenarios SPSD & SPSE should have Personnel Action Type 10 assigned, not Personnel Action Type 02.

1. Go to transaction SM30 and modify the Table/View V_WPC_PCRGENERAL.

2. Locate the scenario SPSD, and in the column Act. (Action Type), you can change the value to '10'. 3. Save the data.

4. Proceed in the same way to change the scenario SPSE. The changes are also delivered via support packages for all relevant releases. -

And there are posts here in SCN....

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1704414

Past that...sorry, I don't mess with PCRs anymore. You will just have to dig....or hope someone comes along on this thread to help! haha

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this a custom form developed by you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone managed to solve it? Right now, all the forms have this problem. I select a value from the dropdown, but in the validation the field is blank.

* Get pers. action reason

read table special_data into ls_special_data

with key fieldname = 'MASSG'.

massg = ls_special_data-fieldvalue.

* Check whether pers. action reason exists

select single * from t530 into i530 where massn eq massn

and  massg eq massg.

if sy-subrc ne 0.

call function 'BALW_BAPIRETURN_GET1'

exporting

type      = 'E'

cl        = 'HRWPC_PCR'