Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Process Step - File to IDOC scenario

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gurus!

I'd like to help me with this topic. I have an interface that takes a File, its get converted with the CC File Sender (File Content Conversion) to XML, a mapping in the middle to the iDoc, and then it makes the ammount of "N" ACC.DOCUMENT.

The problem that we're facing is that when we get a very high load of messages entering to XI (e.g. the end of months) the users puts file with an average size of 1.5 MB. We inmediately see the checkered flag in sxmb_moni transaction on XI (Succesful status), but we sometimes wait for many days to see the IDOCS...

I'd like to know where can i find the status of these messages, because i don't know where's the step after the flag in the moni AND before the creation of iDocs.

Regards.

Juan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check in t.code SM58? Usually the idocs are queued up here and waiting for the resources to free up on the receiving side.

My guess is, the issue could be on the r/3 or the system that is receiving the idocs.

May be you could create a load balancer or RFC group and point the RFC destination in XI to this RFC group could resolue the issue.

Hope this helps,

Sumant.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I also checked de Message Monitoring, as the role of the Adapter Engine in this Interface is the File Sender (that step is completed) I see all of the messages succesful there.

But the final step, the creation of the ACC.DOCUMENT idocs, i guess is a job of the IE. That's why i think there are no traces of these processes.

Regards,

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Anything else to add?

I still don't know why some interfaces runs didn't make neither the log on SLG1 nor the iDocs on WE02.

Like I said above, i see the succesful message on SXMB_MONI.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like I said, the checkered flag status in SXMB_MONI means the process was successfully completed on the Integration Engine. Processes are passed to the Adapter Engine once they're completed on the IE. There can still be a problem at the Adapter Engine level, for which case SXMB_MONI is useless as a tool for problem determination. You need to go into the Runtime Workbench and access the Message Monitoring tool and check the status for the Adapter Engine when your problem occurs. If your messages are stuck on the Adapter Engine you can drill into the specifics of each message for problem determination. In our case when this occurs it is generally either a problem with the java stack, user lock issue, or SXI / CPA cache problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you really waiting for days to see the IDOC's , its very strange . Does it happen every time or just once .Might got stuck in the queue Check the outbound status queue ( SMQ1 ). 1.5 MB is not that big file . It should process fast .

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

If messages are waiting the a queue the sxmb_moni status will not show a checkered flag status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checkerd flag means processing on the Integration Engine is completed. However, this doesn't mean that the Adapter Engine is done processing your messages. Next time this happens, go into the Runtime Workbench - Message Monitoring function and display the entries for the Adapter Engine to look for your messages. Check the status on your messages if you see them.