cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW2004s MSCS cluster Logon trouble after failover to second node

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have completed the MSCS cluster install of NW2004S. I have the CI installed on node 1 with system number 00, and DI installed on node 2 with system number 01. When the SAP and DB cluster are assinged to node 1, I can logon via the SAP logon pad with the system number of 00. When I failover to node 2, I have to change the system number in the Logon pad to 01 to be able to sign on. Can someone tell me what I need to change to be able to logon with out making the system number change?

The application server is the cluster name of dpgtqclv. The error I receive is "partner not reached (host dpgtqclv.sap.littelfuse.com, service sapdp01 or spadp00) depending on which node the cluster is assigned to.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the answer in SAP note 112266. The ABAP central instance (now without the message and enqueue servers) is generally installed locally on one of the cluster nodes with a second, identically configured dialog instance on the remaining cluster node. This means that my CI and DI have the same system number. Now when the cluster moves between nodes, that I can logon without changing the system number in the Logon Pad.