cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retain item in Inbox and confirm end of processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am trying to implement retaining item in inbox if user selects to cancel. I was told confirm end of processing is best otpion, when I try to change the task using pftc it still shows the confirm end of processing and background processing as greyed out.

First question will be if it is foreground processing and honest answer is I dont know, however I assume that since we open invoices and access it from inbox, it is foreground processing item.

Can you please advise ?

thanks,

RS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can confirm its a foreground process, but when i go to change the task in PFTC_CHG , it still has the confirm end of processing greyed out.

can anyone tell me why please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where you are changing. I think you should change by going explicitly to the Standard task using PFTC and then check the confirm end of processing and not from the Wflow builder.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried all three approach.

1. Going via SWDD

2. PFTc

3 PFTC_CHG

However it does not work. Can you suggest what it could be?

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to change it in the task and not in the workflow. Make sure the task is in edit mode.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

course I am changing it from task and not workflow and hence PFTC.

Also only those tickbxes are greyed out when I open it in edit mode...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it a std task ? Also, if you are going to the task from wflow, by default, it'll be there in Display mode. Change that and try again.

You should be able to open the task in Change mode.

Goodluck

venui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes its a standard task.

And as I mentioned earlier, I am opening it in edit mode. All the other fields like object category, object method and other things are editable. the only two things that are greyed out are the two tick boxes of Confirm end of processing and background processing.

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the method is asynchronous but a dialog object and therefore it won't allow you to enable this option. Alternatively take a z method of it and try.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's the BO and method. Is it a custom method ?

Pl give the details.

HI IA,

If the method is Asynchronous, and obj. with dialog, then why this should be greyed out. I think Asynchronous needs a user intervention and so can be used as a Dialog task. And when user is acting upon the task, he should be allowed to have "Confirm xxxxxx " flag, Shouldn't he ?

Pl clarify.

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

ZBUS2081 and method is financechecker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a custom method and so i can't have much of an idea about it. But, did you check if the method you built is "Dialog" task ?

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it is a dialog method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

to find out if it's a foreground(Dialog) task or not, go to the task (PFTC) and see below the Method. If it says "Object method with Dialog", then its a foreground or dialog task. that means, a user intervention is required to execute this method. Another way, is go the method & BO in SWO1 and dblclick on the method. IF the Dialog check box is checked, then its a dialog task.

And, in the invoices, if you are using FIPP or BUS2081.CHANGE method, then,its a dialog task.

Hope this helps

venu

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RS,

you mean you have a task which you want it to be "Confirm end processing"

am not in front of the system, go to pftc_chg, I think there is an option where you can make it "object method dialog" and "confirm end processing"

Hope it helps.

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

any bright ideas?