cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCS data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 2 consolidation version. One for the USGAAP consolidation and another one for local GAAP. To arrive at local GAAP I need to pass few adjustment entries, but can use the US GAAP version data.

Now the question, do I need to have 2 version or one signle version will do? If I go with single version Can I differentiate the data between both the GAAP with in same version by value type characters?

Edited by: Subra Manian on Sep 3, 2008 5:18 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the adjustments to local GAAP are not interunit where eliminations are relevant, then one version is possible with reports for local GAAP including these adjustments by document type, and the US GAAP excluding them.

Otherwise, it is best to have separate versions and copy the US GAAP data to the local GAAP version and make adjustments as needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dan,.

Since the BCS cube, the reports are not based on document type, how best to exclude this?

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Document type may be included as a selection variable or free characteristic in the report definition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan is right. The DocType really may be included into BEx reports and all needed figures might be separated.

However, I do not think that having one version is the best choice even if the adjustments are not eliminations relevant. For example, the most typical adjustments during transformation from local standards to GenAccepted (international) are the entries that revaluate the book value of Fixed assets and their depreciation due to different rates. Let's assume that these adjustments are made within the same entity.

You will immediately have different NI for different standards and RE in the B/S. Since there are only ONE PAIR of clearing items (for B/S & P&L) in one version, it will work ONLY FOR ONE of the standards, not for both.

Etc. etc...

So, IMHO, go for two versions.

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I beg to differ with Eugene as the documents themselves will have the clearing items when adjusting between the BS and P&L, and thus will be included or excluded along with other items for the GAAP document type to be included or excluded depending on the reporting requirements for local vs. US GAAP.

In light of this, however, it is safer to have the separate versions in case the scenarios get more complicated than originally expected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, Dan is right about possibility to replace work of selected items in general by those in a particular document. But I cannot guarantee that we may precalculate all the consequencies such a decision.

So, Dan and I share the prudent option to go for 2 versions.

Answers (0)