cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report hangs when using Remote Desktop

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having trouble with Crystal Reports 11. I was wondering if there is a known issue when using it in conjuction with Remote Desktop.

Here is the scenario.

I am using Remote Desktop to connect to a server.

I am running a report using Crystal Reports 11.

The records have already been retrieved (approx. 800,000 records) and is printing - slowly.

It takes around 75 minutes for the report to print 12 pages.

If the Remote Desktop connection is closed, then re-established, the Crystal Reports pops up a message box stating "Not Supported". The pages of data the were previously printed are now blank. (For example: if it was on page 1 of 9+ it will go back to 1 of 1+ and the page will be blank.)

If I use a VPN to connect to the network, then use the Remote Desktop Connection to connect to the server, the connection will periodically disconnect and the re-establish. This does not occur when not using Crystal Reports.

Is there a problem with using Crystal Reports with Remote Desktop? Is there a better way to run my reports remotely?

Thanks for any input.

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ryan,

I don't believe that Crystal Reports was tested with Remote Desktop but it should work. It almost sounds like you might be running into a database timeout issue. Are you able to run the report successfully if you are logged onto the machine locally?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure. I will give that a shot and let you know.