cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Resue the settype for Different Categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a set of new Product hierarchy which contains some Product category as well. Now I want to assign the settypes which i have already used with other set of Product Category.

My question is how can i use the set types like COMM_PR_LGTEXT etc. for newly created Product categories without deleting it from the old once.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

Go to TR: comm_hierarchy--> search for your product category & use the tab set types to assign the set types to your categories.

Let me know if this helps..!!!!

Best Regards,

Vishant Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishant,

thanks for the response. Well i have tried this, once the set types are already used for another product categories it cannot be assigned to the new product categories. The scenario become more complex if some products are already attach to the Product Categories...

Even though I have first un-assign the product from the Product category and then deleted the assigned settypes from the old categories and then assigned it to the new Product Category but I donu2019t find this a optimal solution. What if in a company there are different Product hierarchy and categories, does it mean dat we cannot use the settypes which is already assigned to one or more categories.

Your Comments are welcome ...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

As far as I know, there are few restrictions for set types to be reused:

1. A set type may be assigned to several categories in a hierarchy. However, a set type may be assigned only in one hierarchy per product type.

For example, a set type cannot be assigned to two categories in different hierarchies if these categories have the same product type. However, this is possible if the product type is different.

2. A product or individual object can be assigned to several product categories, as long as they belong to different hierarchies. A product or individual object can therefore only be assigned to one category per hierarchy.

This is done to prevent a set type from being assigned to a product or individual object more than once via different categories. Also, within a hierarchy,All lower-level categories inherit the product type and the set types of the higher-level category. Additional set types can be assigned to lower-level categories.

Let me know if this helps in solving your problem..!!!

Best Regards,

Vishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishant,

I have the same issue as Usman. The difference is that I am happy to delete my existing hierarchy etc to remove the Set Types, but I do not seem able to do this due to a number of problems (including having a Base Category set to the Product).

I dont seem able to transfer products from one hierarchy to another using transaction COMM_PROD_RECATEG. I select the Product ID range, the source Hierarchy ID and Category ID, but in the 'New Category' field I can only choose the Category that the Product is already assigned against. I get an error message saying I need to assign the Product to a Category in my new Base Hierarchy.

Any advice you can give would be great!!

Thanks,

Andrew G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answer Found...

We cannot use the Same Settypes for two Different Hierarchy...

Regards,

Answers (0)