cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fields in iView Item Details -create mode- are disabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are using SAP MDM Standard iViews (Item Details) to create new data records.

In some iViews on specific tables - I coudn't find any logic - the fields are grey and disabled instead of white and ready for data entry after pressing button "create". Does anyone has an idea for this? All parameters are set to enable=yes. The tabels are stadnard flat tables. The Roles in MDM are allowing read/write on the fields.

Thanks a lot!

Marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

I only use on iView at a time in one page.--

So, I hope, this problem will not occur again.

Regards!

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

What are the field types that are grayed out (use the MDM Console to see the field types)?

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The fields are normal lookup-fields to a flat table and simple text-fields as well. They are both no calulated fields.

The thing that I dont understand is, that I create(d) an iview of type Item Details on this table once -and it works! Then I created a similar iView and it didnt work - the fields are grey. Right now, the problem is non-urgint since I could create working iView.

Kind Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

I create(d) an iview of type Item Details on this table once -and it works! Then I created a similar iView and it didnt work - the fields are grey

From what i understood from your problem statement is that you are creating two item details iView refering to the same table say Products.

It means you are are trying to give provision to edit or create the same record through two separeate item detail iview.Or in other words when you select a single record from the result set iview it should display the details in both the item detail iview and also allow you to edit it.

I am not sure whether this requirement as you are using the same fields in two independent iviews and expect them to work concurrently.

I may be wrong but this could be one of the reason why when selecting the fields for modification in one item detail view it is showing greyed out in the other.

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

When we Add records using Item Deyails iView usually Qualified fields will be disabled because we cannot add both main record and qualified record simultaneously. This is a valid functionality if you compare with Data Manager. Please check what are the field types which are disabled.

If the fields are Qualified then you need to first add the main table record then edit that record to enter the value in Qualified lookup fields.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Just check to see whether those fields which are greyed out for data entry are Calculated fileds .

As Calculated fields values get populated automatically using the calculation expression and will not allow the user to enter any value.

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto