cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub Report Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We use a server based software application (SQL 2000 db) that uses Crystal Reports runtime for itu2019s reporting. The software package contains a number of standard reports that were created with Crystal Reports 9. I have added my own custom reports successfully (using CR10) but I am experiencing an issue with using sub reports.

Reports with sub reports works fine when viewing with my Crystal Reports 10 Client Software.

However, when the report is viewed through the Application Software (using Crystal Viewer runtime), I experience a login failure for user sa and the report fails to run. The software developers of the application believe that the issue is that CR9 does not save the data source connection detail but CR10 does.

I would greatly appreciate some help / advice on this.

Thanks,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Paul, since this is a 3rd party app you appear to be working with, it will be best to get support from them or get them to seek help from us. Since we do not know what the app does or how it is coded, it's a bit like trying to fix a car that has the hood sealed...

I do have one suggestion; double check that you are using the same database connection method for the main and the subreports (e,g., OLE DB, ODBC, etc.). Other than that the creator of the app will have to contact us with details of the app; code used, SDK used, etc., etc.

Ludek

Answers (0)