cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Items which are Subscription Based?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know a good way to handle subscription based items? I have a client which sells newspaper subscriptions among other products. Any ideas on how to handle the yearly subscriptions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have a full invoice and monthly install payments against that invoice. Report can be created against outstanding payment for the invoice to see if the customer has overdue.

Thanks,

Gordon

keith_taylor2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We did an enhancement for one of our customers who sells book subscriptions - this was fairly complex and a must for the SDK

Former Member
0 Kudos

What would be the best way to handle a monthly payment process though. I wouldn't want to have to invoice the customer every month for their subscription fees. Would you just invoice the customer for the full amount than enter in montly payments?

This wouldn't allow them to see if a customer is overdue on a monthly payment although, because there wouldn't be a way to set up payment terms to monthly for an invoice. Unless I'm mistaken.

keith_taylor2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another option might be recurring invoices using the Boyum-It product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Even though Subscription Items are not having any physical stocks, I think it is better to set them as inventory items in order to get the numbers of subscriber at any given time.

This special item has most of the properties similar with actual item. You can deem these items as in the virtual warehouse. In this way, all sales analysis and unsubscribing can be handled easily.

This is my 2 cents only,

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it seems that the item is non inventory item. So, you just create the sales item and sell the item using sales order and from sales order, you create sales invoice.

Rgds,