Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Report field fixed widths?

My company has purchased Crystal Reports 2008 and I'm in the process of determining if the product will do everything we need and not become a maintenance nitemare.

We would like to setup some standard report headings to be used in all reports. I've setup on already as a SUBREPORT and it works fine. We pass optional parameters that may be blank.

We have several questions:

1) ...

2) ...

3) ...

4) Standard Report... Creating the report is difficult with guessing the width to define to the field. Is there a way that the report can know and display the exact size of the field being used? A fixed field defininiton of some sort would make it MUCH easier in the layout of the report.

5) ...

6) ...

This is question 4 from a larger post to make it easier for responses.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
Former Member replied

My method is for creating a field that is exactly a set length, you then append it to other fields. This is for applications where you have to create a fixed-length text file to upload to some other system. I wasn't quite sure if that was what your intent was.

You can do them all in one big formula, but for clarity, I prefer to do the pieces in individual formulas, then have one formula for the detail line that just concatenates all the other peices in the right ordr.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question