cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

actual overhead costs calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i've got a probleme with actual overhead costs calculation in PS.

I plan costs on activity elements for activity types. i've got costing sheets and costing variants for actual and planned values.

when i do ctrl+f10, the planned values are calculated for the activity type and its associated overhead costs. (no need to launch t-code cj46)

then i do enter times in cat2, transfer them to ps through cat5, the hours are valudated in the activty element but not the overhead.

i always have to use cj44 to transfer actual overhead to project.

is this t-code a compulsory step to transfer overhead costs to PS? or is my costing variant not properly customized?

regards

xavier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please confirm have you assigned costing sheet in the valuation variant used in actual cost costing variant ?

T-code OPL1.

I think defaulting costing here should calculate overhead as it does at planning phase.

Thanks

Saikishore.Ganga

former_member229531
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

i have couple of questions regarding overhead and material costs postings to projects.

1.Where did you assigned cost sheet?to WBS or Network?please help me.

2.Where do you post your materials costs?to network or WBS?

3.where do you settle production order on project? to WBS or to Network?

any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Anusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

i have couple of questions regarding overhead and material costs postings to projects.

1.Where did you assigned cost sheet?to WBS or Network?please help me.

at the lowest level, activity element in my case

2.Where do you post your materials costs?to network or WBS?

at various levels, wbs, network and activity element

3.where do you settle production order on project? to WBS or to Network?

i've never done that so i can't help

any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Anusha

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to run period end process to allocate actual overhead costs (CJ44)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi virendra,

i have no issues with cj44.

i'm not sure i understand your point. the cj44 works fine and transfers the actual overhead costs from co to ps. what i don't understand si why in PS, the costing variant for planned values calculates costs (overhead costs + act type cost) for planned values without have to resort to cj46. but the costing variant for actual cost does not automatically. it only works through cj44.

regards

xavier

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier

Sorry I misinterpreted your question.

If you use networks then there is no problem. But if you use only WBS then there might be a need for running CJ46 to get the planned costs based on the variants set in the planning profile.

In network you can set up to determine plan costs automatically, hence no need for CJ46

Regards

Virendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

but what about actual overhead costs calculation in PS at activity element level without using cj44? is that possible?

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

actual overhead for any object will only be posted after running of cj44

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

Really liked ur query. In my opinion:

1. Planning happens in 1 step ie you are interested to plan total costs hence both cost and overhead get calculated at the same time.

2. Whereas in case of actuals, cost and overhead occur at different instances. hence system has given the flexibility to do 2 seperate transactions.

I hope you agree.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You sound like an expert in project systems. Can you please advise how to make the overhead allocations (t.code CJ45) transaction currency to adopt the object currency instead of the controlling area currency. Currently the transaction currency is adopting from the controlling area currency.