cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account/Contact Role in 2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an bit confusion while working on CRM 2007, Which role is it stores while creating an Account or Contact? When I tried to create Account/Contact I realized that both of them stored as BP General or Financial Service, but I would like to store them as CRMACC & BUP001 role. Please assist me to overcome this.

Cheers,

Bobby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Arno-Meyer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hallo!

Roles are not assigned automatically in WebUI. There is an option to assign Roles automatically described in:

[Note 1117424 - Contact Person-role not created for Contact Persons|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1117424]

Best regards

Arno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arno,

Thanks for your information. Do you have suggestions for Account creation? Much appreciate for you assistance!

Cheers,

Bob

Arno-Meyer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Bob!

I canu2019t make a real suggestion here.

In the new Web-UI the role has somehow another importance than in SAP GUI.

In CRM 5.0 (SAP GUI) it is possible to display a Business Partner in different BP-Roles assigned to this particular BP. This is not the UI-Concept of the WebUI. Here you have one Account Overview-Page and the Roles donu2019t have only a small impact on the UI (Display of Assignment-Blocks). This is also described in Note: 1144218.

In Web-UI the Account doesnu2019t have a u201CDefaultu201D-Role. I donu2019t think that Account should have a default-role but I would recommend this for Contact Persons.

Best regards

Arno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Much appreciate for your information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we don't specify any role, it would be saved as General. How can I generate a message if the user doesn't select atleast one role and trying to save the account in Web-UI. Is there any BADI exists to achieve my goal.

Thanks!

Surya.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arno,

in addition to the Note you've mentioned there is [Note 1239642 - Missing maintenance view for table CRMC_BP_UIU_CPRL|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1239642] which defines a maintenance view for the table CRMC_BP_UIU_CPRL to allow also a transport of this change.

Best regards

Gregor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still looking Account BP Role in WebUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can define it in customizing which partner role consider while creating BP.

SPRO> Cross-application Component> SAP Business Partner --> Basic Setting .-> Business Partner Roles --> Define Application Transactions

Select BUP1-Creat Business Partner and click details

Here you can specify which role u want to have while creating BP.

Please let me know if helpful..!!!

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usman,

I have tried your config assistance, but its not allowing me to assign role category and BP role at the same time. Do you further clear explanation to overcome this.

Much appreciated!

Bobby