cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Failed.... system error 127 (IBM ODBC DB2 DRIVER).....

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to make a new connection to DB2 databases in CR XI I get the message:

Login Failed:

Details: IM003: Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 127 (IBM ODBC DB2 DRIVER). [Database Vendor Code: 160]

OK. I get this when trying to connect to ANY DB2 database. Now, I here you say "check your DB2 settings....".

This is not the problem - I have numurous other reports that are already running from DB2 - when I open them into CR XI the connection works fine, and all the connections are fine in ODBC settings.

Any help is gratefully received.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

System error 127 is due to the client not being able to be found through the PATH statement. When you install make sure the path to the client is updated in the PATH statement, if not add it manually.

patrick_genest
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have reports based of your DB2 database that works, then I will suggest to verify how they are connecting to the database.

I am assuming they are using an ODBC connection, but you can verify how they are connecting by selecting "Set Datasource Location" under the menu "Database"

In the "Set Datasource Location" window, under the "properties", you will see the details on how it connects to your database. You might see it is connecting via OLEDB, or that is using a different ODBC DSN,... )

Then use the same connection when creating a new report.

Another good test, is to attempt to connect to your DB2 database outside of Crystal Reports using a third party tool. For example, SQLCON, is a little utility that can be use to test if the ODBC DSN to a database works or not.

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I try and open a DB2 connection via ODBC (RDO), and choose my database, it prompts for a Username and password. There is also a drop down list that should show the list of database aliases, however this rermains blank. It is at this point I get the login error.

However, if I try and connect with a SQL database, then it is fine, or any other database type for that matter.

The only way I can get other databases to connect is to open an existing report that has been succesfully set up in the past, run it, and then create a new report. At this point I CAN connect.

But this is obviously not very good!