Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Fetch BDC Calling Program Name in user Exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

a Z program is created in which a BDC runs for cancelling of Inspection lot based on a logic.

Cancellation can also be done manually by standard SAP transaction and to avoid this error messages are written inside the user exit.

But due to these messages, the BDC is also returning error. So, i need to identify the calling program or the driver program in the user exit so that i shall skip the messages when Z program runs.

And hence cancellation can only be then possible through Z program.

SY-BINPT tells me that it is run through batch input.

But i am not able to fetch the calling program or TCODE name.

PLZ HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reading your query, it sounds that the user exit does not have all the parameters of the main program.

Only certain objects are visible within the user exit in comparison to your main program. If possible try to use import / export commands to set flags. Export a variable in your z-program and import the variable within your user exit.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reading your query, it sounds that the user exit does not have all the parameters of the main program.

Only certain objects are visible within the user exit in comparison to your main program. If possible try to use import / export commands to set flags. Export a variable in your z-program and import the variable within your user exit.