Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALERT CONFIGURATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we are doing an alert configuration:

I am going to RWB and when i try accessing Alertconfiguration and Alerts its not letting me access!!its says requested resource not available..

So can anyone tell me what roles should a developer ask for to configure alerts????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need following roles ::

SAP_ALM_ADMINISTRATOR --> Alert Management Administrator

SAP_ALM_CUSTOMIZER --> Alert Management: Role for Customizing

SAP_BC_ALM_ADMIN -->

SAP_BC_ALM_ALERT_USER --> ALM: Role for the alert user

SAP_BC_ALM_CUST

to more information go thru this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

for Alert administration and configuration the correct roles are SAP_BC_ALM_ADMIN and SAP_BC_ALM_CUST.

Alert users should have role SAP_BC_ALM_ALERT_USER. This roles are the standard ALM roles as of WAS 6.40 for ALert Framework.

In our XI system SP14 there is no such role as SAP_XI_ALERT_MONITOR_ABAP and this is definitely not standard.

Anyway i don't think that the error has something to do with authorizations yat. It seems to be related to the Alert service not being activated or something similar. Check note 768456 for details on troubleshooting this situation.

BR

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for ur guidance. i will look into it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaithra,

Hope you have activated the nodes for alert config in SICF transaction for SAP->BC->bsp->sap->

Cheers

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christine,

I have some problems in Alerts - SP14 - Alerts are not raised. Do you think this might be due to authorization issue.. The users have SAP_ALM_ADMINISTRATOR and SAP_ALM_CONFIGURATOR roles but not the SAP_BC_ALM roles..Are SAP_BC_ALM* roles to be assigned to the users??

Please advice..

Thanks

Thilothama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the roles your users have are the ones previous to WAS 6.40 according to SAP documentation. However i don"t think that these roles cause your troubles. Check Michals weblog on Alerts not getting triggered /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide and search this forum. There have been a lot of threads covering that topic lately.

BR

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the t-code for checking alerts in inbox.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think its SAP_XI_ALERT_MONITOR_ABAP/J2EE.

-Ashish