Did you mean: 

soap receiver error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have rfc.......xi.....ws scenario.

When i execute rfc in sap r/3. i am getting this error

CALL_FUNCTION_REMOTE_ERROR

and in SAP Xi message monitoring i got this error.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapterFramework</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MESSAGE">GENERAL</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 400 Bad Request</SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack />

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

I read other threads related to that, which states some solution like check your target url, change some thing in module of soap receiver, i tried all but it does not work.

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 400 Bad Request

Your help will be appreciated

Regards

hussaan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check your rfc destination in SM59 , from R/3 to XI and XI to R/3 both ?

try execute your RFC without giving remote destination name..

try WS in XML spy ..

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i tried it in xml spy and soapui, in both tools it works fine.

I already have rfc........xi.......idoc scenario, it works fine, so i think there is no problem in rfc xi...

my rfc.....xi...ws scenario is synchronous.....

any suggestion

regards

hussaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I did not find any suggestions. Error is

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 400 Bad Request</SAP:AdditionalText>

I do not know how to handle it, ppl plz. help

regards

hussaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussan,

Are you giving the same user id and password which you are using to call the webservice from SAP Soap Client. Please check if you have given the action and url properly in your SOAP Channel. If everything is fine then there could be only one possible reason which I can see.

The server where Webservice or XI Server is behind firewall because of which your XI server is not able to communicate to that Web Application server. You need to find the proxy host and port which you need to give in your soap channel in order to contact web server.

I recommend you to test the webservice from the same machine where XI server is hosted. You will be able to find the exact issue. Contact your system administrator and tell him the steps to test the webservice from sap soap client or xmlspy.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Thanks

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Yes username and password were same which i gave in xml spy or soapui

regarding firewall or proxy, i did not do any settings in xml spy or soapui so i think it also does not matter........however i tried it to execute from system within that network but no success.

any other suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hussan,

I didn't get what you said at the last, from which system you tried and was no success?

See when you are trying to invoke WS from your local machine it worked without giving any proxy address which doesn't mean invoking the webservice from XI server will also work without proxy.

It might be possible that your XI Server installed in your enviroment must be in firewall because of which it is not able to invoke WS and so you need to find Proxy host and port.

I am assuming that all your channel configuration are fine and you are not using any custom module or any Advanced settings.

Hope this helps you out.

thanks

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does any one have solution for that

<SAP:Category>XIAdapterFramework</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MESSAGE">GENERAL</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

i tried to use message payload from xi system in Integration builder, it gives this error

Cannot produce target element /ns1:mt_getPrice/weight. Check xml instance is valid for source xsd and target-field mapping fulfills requirements of target xsd

waiting for reply

regards

hussaan

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi hussaan Me.

you can reach the WSDL from PI server?, not from your PC.

do a remote call to pi server and paste the WS url in browser and check if you can reach it.

thanks

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rodrigo,

How to do that..........

I can reach webservice through web browser and i access those through xmlspy and sopgui software and it works with them

how to make remote call from pi server

my xi server is on seperate machine and J2EE server where i publish web service it is on other server

regards

hussaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hassan,

Try the following things.

1. Fix your mapping, as you are saying one field is not properly generated and getting error.It looks like that is mandatory field at target end and it is not mapped or some problem is there.

2. Ask your XI administrator to test the webservice from XI Server by installing the soapgui in your XI server and test the webservice from there or just give him the link of webservice and ask him if he is able to execute it from browser where XI server is installed.

3. Cross Check your comunication channel again to make sure the user id/pwd, url and action are correct.

These can be the only cause of this error.

Thanks

Amit

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i faced a similar problem as you are.log in into your pi server, open the browser and check if you can reach the WSLD. from my local machine i reach the WS but not from my PI server because it didnt have internet acceess.

take in mind that the pi server execute the URL not you locally.

try this.

Thanks

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit & Rodrigo,

Mapping were Ok as i check them (by taking payload from Inbound)

I check the URL of web service. it is also fine.

I published web service using NWDS on J2EE server. let us say server Y

I access that webservice from XI Web service navigator and execute it , it works fine from WSNavigator, but when i try to access it from XI it gives following error

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 400 Bad Request</SAP:AdditionalText>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussaan,.

I faced similar kind of problems

Try checking the option Donot use SOAP envelope or try to restart the communication channel in the communication channel monitoring. Do double check on the authorization in the communication channel.

My guess is once you check the option Donot use SOAP envelope the error will change to HTTP unauthorized. if you face this problem change Web service address like this. say ur WS address is http://wsname/page give uid pwd like http://username:password@wsname/page.

Try this!

Thanks

Shakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shakthi,

I already tried that (using soap envelop option and without it). When i check do not use soap envelop then i got error message HTTP 415 which means content media type is not good or supported, so i add Module in soap communication channel and got error HTTP 400 bad request (Same error from where i started)

Thank you for replying

Regards

hussaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussaan,

Do you have the xml declaration like <?xml version="1.0"? encoding="UTF-8">

in your message? try invoking the webservice from a tool like NetTool and check what is the response code, it helps you a lot to understand how the request reaches the WebServer and the response from the server. by default content-type must be text/xml.

Thanks

Shakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shakthi,

When I tried to request from XI WSNavigator to my Server, I receive following response header

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Connection: close

Set-Cookie: <value is hidden>

Set-Cookie: <value is hidden>

Server: SAP J2EE Engine/7.00

Content-Type: text/xml; charset=UTF-8

and when I request it from tools like xml syp

i got this response

SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<SOAP-ENV:Body>

<rpl:calculate_rateResponse xmlns:rpl="urn:calculate_tVi">

<rpl:Response>330.0</rpl:Response>

</rpl:calculate_rateResponse>

</SOAP-ENV:Body>

</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

any other suggestions

you said that u also faced similar problem, how do you solve that

Regards

hussaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussaan,

One more option i can suggest is use variable transport binding and give text/xml as the Content-type. ie create a udf, pass th value text/xml to XHeaderField1 and in adapter specify XHeaderField1 as Content-type. In my case when i checked the donot use SOAP envelope option it worked. try restarting adapter in Communication channel monitoring sometimes it resolves many problems wrt SOAP adapter

Thanks

Shakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think problem would be in firewall settings or some settings on the j2ee server which You are accessing. Try other simple soap scenario.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

seems unrelated but you might need to check proxy configuration of the XI server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

It might be also caused by wrong encoding or errors in mapping that returns wrong values (types, occurrence etc.)

Regards,

Radek