Debugging ABAP Code From Within Webdynpro Application
We use ABAP RFC Function in Our Java Webdynpro application, We need to debug the parameters pass from the webdynpro application to the ABAP Function.
In order to do that we:
1. Defined a JCO connection with "Single Server Connection" as the Destination Type.
2. We have loged on to the relevant system and client using SAP GUI with the same user that run the webdynpro application.
3. We have activate the external debugging in se80 Utilities -> Settings
4. We have set an HTTP (external) breakpoint in the ABAP code,
As mentioned in the article:
However, we recieve a dump in the R3 system:
RFC debugging is only possible with dialog user
You attempted to debug a program by RFC. However, in this destination
there is a user whose user type permits communication without dialog.
This means, for example, that debugging with a system user is not
What can you do?
Restart the program and take note of the following:
You can do one of the following:
1. You can change the user listed in the RFC destination and enter a
2. In the target system of RFC you can change the user type of the user
listed in the RFC destination to 'dialog'.
3. You can avoid this runtime error by omitting the RFC debugging.
If in the ABAP debugger the statement cursor points to the statement
(CALL FUNCTION ... DESTINATION), you must choose the function
We checked and the user we use is defined as dialog in SU01 and the user that the webdynpro use to call the functio is the same user as was logged in.
What else should we do?