cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Exemption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In our Purchase oder we have a net amount for material on which excise duty.cenvat,E cess are paid during the budget check system makes check for the whole amount I want it shuld check only for the net value as the customer is getting modvat against these taxes.Even in commitments system is showing the Net value not the gross amount but runs the budgt on gross amount.

I made a try with exemption of cost alement but I cant select these cost elements as these are balance sheet Items.

Pl suggest

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Origin of Project costs lies in other modules. This means MM is sending you cost which includes deductible amounts also.

Pls get you Tax procedure checked by FI/MM. In Tax procedure there will be various Conditions used by your organization. Each Condition type will have an Account Key.

If that account key has 'Non Decutible' checked then the related tax amount will form cost on your project and vice versa.

with regards,

Ravi Shrivastav

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you raise a P.O how come your commitment is Zero in the report?

Please check whether u have flagged planning indicator in T-code OPSC. If not flag it and run the report.

More inputs like

P.O Value ?

Total Budget value ?

Will help advising something.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The value commitement is shown Zero as I did migo for PO inspite of that If i consume entire budget my available amount shuld be zero but the taxable amount which I loaded at the time of budgeting which is wrong However below I given the info for the project for which commitements are pending.

WBS--- E-00000107-03.01

Commitement --Rs.576,400.00

Rem ord Plan -- Rs.576,400.00

Assigned -

Rs 605,220.00

Available Total -- Rs 605,220.00

PO value--Net 576,400.00 --Gross( with taxes ) Rs 605,220.00

Total Budget value is Rs 605,220.00

Rgds

Edited by: Shrikrishna Rasam on Sep 10, 2008 2:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The commitment value is getting updated as per the net price of the P.O. In assigned values it is considering total value.

Try by unticking Additional funds indicator in T-code OPSV.

If you do that then system will not add value of the Orders to the assigned value of WBSE.

Please try this and post your observations.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rasam,

You scenario is genuine.....as Mod vat is not cost to company.....budget should not get consumed.

Commitment and budget useage should always happen as per the net price of the P.O. It beats the logic when it checks with gross price.

Can u please give me what values u r cing in coulmns Commitment , RemOrd plan, Assigned value , available total in S_ALR_87013558 report.

May be we can infer something from that.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks for reply.

As you said I have checkd the report the following values are in the Budget/actual report

Commitement --00

Rem ord Plan --00

Assigned -

Available Total -- 10096

Pl reply.

Rgds

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Budget are checked against the assigned values not against the individual PO values. The logic for calculating assigned values is complex and difficult to understand.

For simplicity,

You can use the transaction groups to control the activities of the availability control if the budget has been exceeded.

Ex: PO is a transaction group

PR is a transaction group

You cannot make the system to check budget against the condition types and taxes for PO.

Transaction groups are configured in the Tolerance limit.

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks Srinivas ,

I have a very simple query if in commitement against the budget value shown is the Net value of PO then why the budget check is carried out against Gross Value ? How to avoid this ? As the reports for Budget and commitment will show significant difference of Tax amount and can mislead the user.

How this can be resolved ?

Rgds