cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Old Material Number to 0Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have been asked to add Old Material Number (BISMT) to 0Material as a Nav Att.

We first created Old Material Number Infoobject with a techname of Z_BISMT (Type CHAR 18 same as 0Material)

Next we added Z_BISMT to the attributes list of 0Material as a Nav Att.

We then muddled our way through the transfer rule and added Z_BISMT as an attribute. (Still having major problems understanding this screen as we have been brought up on BI7. Any clarification would be very useful)

Initial attempts to run the delta ipak resulted in an error stating the previous delta request was still running (on Dev) which I believe was caused by the Patching that is also being applied. When I could not find a yellow request I decided to delete the initialisation and re-initialise.

However running the INIT ipak gave me an error about the conversion routine. I realised that the conversion being applied in Old Material infoobect was not the same as 0Material so I changed it to MATN1.

Now when I run it I get the following message

Z_BISMT : Data record 111 ('000000000000400011 '): Version '400001 ' is not valid RSDMD 194

There are 198 other records with the same error although the value in the quotes are different. However all the erroneous records have a number in that field. non numeric value records are loaded ok.

Can someone please tell me If what we have done to load Old Material Number is correct in principle and what the error means.

Thanx

HKF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Somebody out there must know how to extend an InfoObject, Isn't it a natual and common thing to do ?

Regards

HKF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need a HERO.

Are there no Heros out there. No Superman or Wonder Woman to battle with my ignorance.

I'll even settle for Scooby Doo.

Scooby snacks avaialble in the form points for relavant assistance

HFK