Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Document numbering nightmares !

Hello All,

I really need an expert to resolve this one !

After all my experimentation with document numbering , here's what ive concluded -

1. Defining multiple series for a document (and clicking the default button) has no effect , till such time 'Default' is selected in the period indicator drop down.

2. There's no way to automatically link a financial period to a specific to a series (wrt the 'Period Selector drop down at the bottom of the series setup window). In a case where I'd like document series to automatically move with the Financial Periods, I conclude that this is not possible in B1, lest this series window has a serious bug in it !

My particular issue is, that the customer needs to post sales documents in future dates. In a case where the posting date falls in the next period, thers's no way to automatically generate the document number for that period. The user is forced to change the default series, and then post the document (and then perhaps switch this back into the previous series)

In a multiuser environment, this is practically not feasible.

Please give me your suggestions as to how you all have faced / resovled similar situations.

Cheers !

Former Member replied

Hi Somchitra

You must link the numbering series in your posting period setup. Under Administration > System Initialization > Posting periods, click on the navigation arrow next to the future period and change the Period Indicator to the numbering range for the future period.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question