Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling display/maintainance access on a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement that, need to create a ztable .

After that I need to restrict some users can only see some rows and some columns.

Some users can see all the rows and columns.

Based on he users the displayed columns and rows should change and also same thing in the table maintenance also.

My question is it possible? if so how ?

<removed_by_moderator>

Thanks in advance,

Sastry.

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Sep 3, 2008 9:55 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prssastry,

You need an Authorization object for your Ztable and then you need to assign it to Your table.

Ask the Functional People (SAP BASIS) to create the Authorization Group and Objects as per

the requirement.

Regards,

Amit.

If you still have any doubt let me know.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can achieve your requiremnt by developing a module pool program.

In the table contol you can have all the fields, in the PBO of the screen you can use loop at screen to hide the field or display the field or disable the field based on the user.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your reply ,this is the one option .But the requirement is to keep the same authorizations in maintaining the ztable also .

means some users can change only some records ,like that .

how can we achieve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prssastry,

You need an Authorization object for your Ztable and then you need to assign it to Your table.

Ask the Functional People (SAP BASIS) to create the Authorization Group and Objects as per

the requirement.

Regards,

Amit.

If you still have any doubt let me know.