Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy queries from one Data target to The other!!! doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we go for copy of the queries in RSZC T Code

from one data target to the other, what would be the naming conventions for newly generated queries for the target data target???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what i meant was how i can change the text for the copied query!!!!

i could get the query name and its techincal name using RSZC T code

anyways thanks for the answers posted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The copied queries and the copied sub-objects have their own names. The new names are derived from the name of the original object and the added elements .

This does not affect variables, since they are not copied.

Example

The queries weekly report, monthly report and annual report use company code as a variable and the calculated key figure contribution margin. If you now copy the queries weekly report and monthly report into another InfoCube, the queries weekly report_1 and monthly report_1 as well as the calculated key figure contribution margin_1 are created. The new queries now refer to the new key figure contribution margin_1 and the variable company code.

If you then copy the queries quarterly report and annual report, a new calculated key figure, contribution margin_2, has to be created as a copy of contribution margin. Quarterly report_1 and annual report_1 then refer to contribution margin_2 and not contribution margin_1. Company code is still used as a variable.

Hope this will help you,

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

COPY_"your query name"

Former Member
0 Kudos

It' "queryname"_1

Go to RSZC, click on the information button, it's detailed (also for the rules of the calculated and restricted key figures)