cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI or EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I've decided to get into either SAP EP or XI. Which one would you say involves the least amount of programming. ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I forgot to say one main thing...

For XI, you should be thorough in XML coding... Because it needs XML coding for encoding data from non sap to sap... XML for XI is quite easy to learn than the tough part of JAVA needed for EP...

Thanks and regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

EP needs good programming skills in java for tasks such as configuring the EP, etc. But you cannot become as an EP Administrator in an overnight..

XI doesn't need programming skill as like EP. But it also needs the basic understanding of programming... It needs good decision making skills...

You can ask experts in SAPSEARCH.COM site... They will answer your questions based on current and future expectations of EP and XI fields...

Thanks and regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In EP ,

You can prefer EP Administration which doesnt need any programming skills.

try to get into Netweaver administration if you dont want to be into programming

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

EP:- it has more to do with Java programming, involves more of the java programming

where as XI is middleware tool which is used to integrate SAP and NON SAp systems.

SOme time based on the business requirement u have to either write userdefined function,java,abap code,xslt code but again its depends upon the complexity of the interface.

SO i can say both involves programming but in XI it varies on business and complexity of the interface.

I suggest u search on SDN and have a feel of difference between EP and XI.

chirag