cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Mangment Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using the Funds Management module for OPEX budgeting for Maintenance Activities. The Maintenance Order is created and external services procured against more than one Cost Element. The FM Derivation Rule only derives the Commitment Item for only one of the multiple Cost Element, hence only one Commitment is generated.

Is there any standard functionality or enhancement for achieving the above mentioned objective? It is totally not practical to create separate Maintenance Orders for every line item of the external service. What other options do we have for this?

Regards

Iftikhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally, commitment will be created against every single line in the document (does not matter, if it's a maintenance order or some other logistic document). Try to activate a trace for your derivation strategy in FMDERIVE while creating such an order and analyze the situation.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply I give you bit more details for understanding of the problem I m having

when I enter multiple line items in maintenance order with different commitment items (G/l account) and then at the header level of maintenance order there is option of entering only a single commitment item in fund management assignment so commitment is generated only for the commitment item which is assigned in FM assignment at header level and not for all the commitment item listed against each line item .....

Why its been so ?

Regards

Iftikhar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It works right...

If you want to derive commitment item from the lines, do not put it as a default FM account assignment in the master data. When you define your FM integration elements with PM, use only the fund centre (if it's not derived as well from the lines) in IMG - Maintain Field Status for Assigning FM Account Assignments.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate your response

If you can guide me that what are the appropriate settings required to be made at PM end and FM end.

Regards

Iftikhar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want commitment item to be derived depends on the expense line (and not common for the whole order), you have to switch off this element from PM-FM integration. Go to IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Actual and Commitment Update/Integration - Integration - Maintain Field Status for Assigning FM Account Assignments. Choose type '03' and define fund centre only (if you do not use funds) as required field and CI as optional field.

Account Assignment Derivation (FMDERIVE) can be used to derive the commitment item either from the G/L account or the cost element for automatically generated purchase requisitions, material reservations, goods issues or revenue postings.

Regards,

Eli