cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch determination not working in production confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

we are facing problem when making confirmation on our production order, we several different batches on inventory prior a week ago when the confirmation came across it would select the oldest batch and consume it. If the oldest batch did not have enough stock to fulfill the amount it would go to the next oldest batch that what we expect. But the logic did not came thru when we confirm, it does pick wrong batch and we have COGI error with this. batch determination did not take effect.

what possible cause this? and how could we fixed this?

Thanks

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.Have you defined the Batch search strategy in MBC1 ?

If yes then check the sort rule which is assigned in the MBC1.

you can check the sort rule in CU72, where your characteristic should be given and the Ascending button should be ticked.

Please check and come back.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

All was maintain well in plant/material level in MBC3 and even it sort rule sortbysled and ascending was tick. i don't know anymore what cause this.

and one more question, where in the material master record could i do this fixed? "No stock determination group could be determined for material 10060530 0162"

Thanks

Ryan

Edited by: Ryan Lazaro on Sep 3, 2008 9:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if you have maintaining stock determination with batch determination then you should have to maintained stock determination group in material master in plant data/storage2 view. i think you should have to maintained stock determination group in material master master for this material "10060530 0162"

then try .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

ok, how could i maintained stock determination on this material in the plant? in what tab in material master should i look for and assign it?

Thanks

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

you can F4 on that field and assigned appropriate stock determination group that for your material.

Regards

Pravin

Answers (0)