Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem using tblfinancelock

former_member599120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have an issue using BPF process, I just know that when I updated the work status to be "Submitted" fo finance apllication using BPF process through BPC Web, then the input schedule report never send data into DB. It's known from the window of warning message. After that the SAP application inserted the new record into the table "tblfinancelock". The SAP application will set the field "StatusCode" be "2".

That process run normally and I never get the error or something like that, but When I've tried to insert the new record directly into the table "tblfinancelock" similar with the above process and set the value of "StatusCode" to be "2", After that I send data through Input Schedule into DB. Unfortunely, That data inserted into DB and appearing the window that contains the sucess information.

Could you give the suggestion why it's happen, maybe I lose the step to do that ?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member599120
Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wandi,

First of all I have a few questions about your question:

-Do I understand correct that you try to insert records with a query yourself into tblfinancelock? Why are you trying to do this? Because you say via the usual way it works fine.

-You state that you have a problem using BPF, but if I understand correct you don't have a problem with BPF but with the Work Status mechanism.

Inserting records directly into the tblfinancelock is a bit tricky. Most of the columns will give not much problems, but I think you get into trouble with the field "LastUpdate", which is a time notation. When you send data the work status mechanism is also looking at this LastUpdate column and if this is not in the correc format I guess it ignores the record and therefore the data send is not blocked. Can you post the query how you insert the records to let me test a bit with it?

-Joost

former_member599120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joost,

I will try to answer your qustion such as:

Do I understand correct that you try to insert records with a query yourself into tblfinancelock?

==>

I was inserted the new record using this SQL statement :

INSERT INTO [Antam].[dbo].[tblFinanceLock] VALUES('2', 'bugdet', '02', '2008.INP', getdate(), 'CPMadmin')

I am using MS.SQL 2005, do you agree with my query ?

Why are you trying to do this? Because you say via the usual way it works fine.

==>

I do that because I make the addtional application(time limit process) to block user insert the data when he pass the end of budgeting periode.So, I inserting the new record into the table "tblfinancelock"

You state that you have a problem using BPF, but if I understand correct you don't have a problem with BPF but with the Work Status mechanism.

==>

You're right, I have an issue with Work Status mechanism.

Thanks,

Wandi Sutandi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I think there are 2 problems. The getdate will be the problem. Might be solved using a CAST functon to specify the exact date format that is used by the function. And also the user is not specified with the domain. Try to use the worksatus forst to see exactly how the table is filled.

But maybe I have another solution. If I understand correct you have 2 applications and finance needs to be locked when the other application gets locked via the work status mechanism? Because this we see a lot, when the customer has multiple applications which need to be locked parallel. For this we use a trigger on the locktable of the aplication used for locking and this trigger send the inserted lines also to the lock tables of the oter applications in the exact same format, so you don't have the issue with the Date format. Here is an example where users lock their finance applicatin via the regular work status mechanism while the Intercompany aplication gets also locked via th trigger:

CREATE TRIGGER [dbo].[T_tblFinanceLock_Ins] ON [dbo].[tblFinanceLock] 
FOR INSERT
AS

INSERT INTO tblIntercompanyLock (Category,Entity,Statuscode,LastUpdate,UpdateBy,[Time])
SELECT Category,Entity,Statuscode,LastUpdate,UpdateBy, [Time]
FROM inserted I

former_member599120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joost,

You're right I have 2 application so I should the trigger, Thanks for your information

Thanks,

Wandi

Edited by: wandi sutandi on Sep 5, 2008 5:19 AM