cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Tax classfication from same sales org but different plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Gurus,

Material tax classification in material master is at sales org level. I have only 1 sales org in India and 3 different plants in different regions.

When the same material is extended to different plant, the material tax classification will be taking the same tax classification from the plant before, which means, it is not plant-specific but I need to use the material tax classification as part of the combination key in VK11.

Because it is not plant-specific, I can't have different material tax classification for different plants.

Any idea how to handle this?

Thanks,

Soo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Soo ,

You can try this

You maintain the different condition records based on the plant.

For this you need to define the condition table with these fields

-->Delivering plant region

-->Customer Region

-->Delivering plant

-->Cust Tax clasification

-->Material Tax clasification

After maintaining the table you put that in the access sequence

Assign that access sequence to your tax condition type

Now you maintain the condition records in VK11 with one of the key combination delivering plant.

If you are using TAXINJ procedure then you need to define the Tax codes in FTXP transaction after that you maintain the condition records for those tax codes under UTXJ condition type.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Soo

Let us assume you have 3 plants 2000, 3000 & 4000 and in material master tax classification, you have maintained 1 in the tax classification tab.

Now you have to maintain 3 tax codes in FTXP if you are in TAXINJ or VK19 if you are in TAXINN. Say they are A1, A2 & A3

Go to V/07, select the condition type JIND which is the access sequence of UTXJ (in V/06 for UTXJ, you should have maintained JIND) and [maintain the table 518] for which you should maintain the tax code for the combination of

- Origin Country

- Delivering Plant

- Delivering Plant Region

- Region of Ship to party

- Tax Clas.Customer

- Tax Clas.Material.

So in your case, the first combination would be

:::::::::::::Origin Country

:::::::::::::2000

:::::::::::::Region of 2000 plant

:::::::::::::Region of Ship to party

:::::::::::::Tax Clas.Customer

:::::::::::::Tax Clas.Material. (1)

and the tax code would be A1. Similarly for other plants also, you maintain the tax code A2 & A3 respectively.

Now try to create a sale order and see how the tax condition works.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Plants 2000, 3000 and 4000 are sharing the same material code and hence, material is sharing the same tax classification in the material master (plants are assigned to the same sales org).

Within the plants, it has different rates.

Plant 2000 has 1%, 4% 8% and 12.5% for different materials groups.

Plant 3000 has 1%, 5% 8% and 12.5% for different materiala groups

Combination Key in VK11:

- Origin Country

- Delivering Plant

- Delivering Plant Region

- Region of Ship to party

- Tax Clas.Customer

- Tax Clas.Material (I have created 4 different tax clas. for same tax category in material master, for differnet tax rates)

The condition record is maintained for the above combination key.

Problem:

For the tax clas. material, for the same material for plant 2000, it is maintained as "4" which is assigned to tax code A4 (to represent 4%).

But the same material, it is 5% for different plant 3000, for the same combination key. But in the tax clas. material, it is maintained as "4" now.

The major problem here is, the same "Tax Clas. Material" cannot be used for different plants because each plant has different rate for the same material.

Thanks,

Soo