cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Server Error - Unable to cast object of type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but couldn't find a Crystal Reports Server section.

After doing a windows update on my crystal reports server the following error now occurs when trying to log into .Net InfoView -

An error has occurred: Unable to cast object of type 'CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.InfoObject' to type 'BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Desktop.InfoView'.

I found the following article which I followed and re-installed the .net components as well as ensured all services are enabled.

Article: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_boj_bip/...

The error still occurs.

I did some further investigation and found that a similar error occurs in the Admin Console when I try and open the Crystal Report DataSources.

This is the error page that comes up

Server Error in '/businessobjects/Enterprise11/WebTools' Application.

----

Unable to cast object of type 'CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.InfoObject' to type 'CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Desktop.Report'.

+Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information

about the error and where it originated in the code.+

+Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException:

Unable to cast object of type 'CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.InfoObject' to type 'CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Desktop.Report'.+

Source Error:

+The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode.

To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:+

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>

<system.web>

<compilation debug="true"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

+Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode.

The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.+

+Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead.

You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.+

Stack Trace:

InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.InfoObject' to type 'CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Desktop.Report'.

+CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.WebContent.WebSamples.DataSources.Common.datasourceInfoFromReports(ArrayList reports) 226

+CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.WebContent.WebSamples.DataSources.Datasources.Main() 1821

+ASP.websamples_datasources_datasources_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) 531

+System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) 98

+System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) 20

+System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) 26

+System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) 25

+System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) 121

+System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) 22

+System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 2558

----

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

-

Any information on how I can fix this is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Paul

Edited by: Paul Griscti on Sep 3, 2008 2:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You're using XI Release 1.

What happens if you install .NET Framework 1.1, and use the IIS Manager to configure the businessobjects and crystalreportviewers11 web app to use that instead of 2.0

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

Thanks for your reply.

Have modified IIS to use .Net 1.1 instead of 2.0 and this still hasn't resolved the issue.

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I'd try creating a new Application Pool just for running businessobjects and crystalreportviewers11 and nothing else.

Although the apps are .NET, it uses COM Interop for functionality, so using a common app pool with other versions will collide.

Beyond that - if you have a SAP Business Objects support contract - you might open a new SAP Incident ticket.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Answers (0)