cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES ECC 6.0??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Would someone kindly tell me where one can download IDES ECC 6.0 as well as the installation guides? I have searched everywhere and have not located it.

TIA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus and Kaushal for all of your help

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Software:

http://service.sap.com/installations

--> Entry by Application Group

--> SAP Application Components

--> SAP ERP

--> SAP ERP 6.0

--> IDES-Version

--> <your OS>

--> <your database>

Installation Guide:

http://service.sap.com/instguides

--> SAP Business Suite Applications

--> SAP ERP

--> SAP ERP 6.0

--> Installation

Here read the "Master Guide" first to find out which DVDs you need. The installation is the same as a normal ERP 6.0 installation.

For Up-to-date information about issues see Note "1013391 - IDES ERP 2005 ECC 6.0 SR2"

Make sure you have a installed and licensed Solution Manager on-site, you need it to generate the installation key.

Markus

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much Markus )

I saw ERP 6.0 and did not know that

ERP 6.0 = ECC 6.0 :-}

Also, above you said

>

> Make sure you have a installed and licensed Solution Manager on-site, you need it to generate the installation key.

> Markus

When logging in, I get the message that the license will expire in about 13 days. Is this what you mean? Not to let the license expire?

Also, the BI content has to be installed on an IDES system right? (Sorry for the extra question). I remember working on one system and it looked as though the content was already there and running even though one could not see BI_CONT as an item that had already been installed.

Best Regards,

Casey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you apply sap license after installation?

in IDES system by default BI_CONT is not installed, you have to install BI_CONT if you want to use IDES as BI system

you need to create the new client a common client for SAP BW and SAP ECC is not supported.

also check Note 855534 - Embedded NetWeaver Components in ERP

regards,

kaushal

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ERP 6.0 = ECC 6.0 :-}

ECC was renamed quite some time ago

When logging in, I get the message that the license will expire in about 13 days. Is this what you mean? Not to let the license expire?

Yes. Request a license for SolMan (http://service.sap.com/licensekey). You need to keep the SolMan running, otherwise you won´t be able to get fixes (Support packages) for ERP.

Markus

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

From this thread are you indicating the ECC has direct dependencies to SAP BI 7.0.

We have BI_CONT installed in our SAP BI system. My question comes from the fact that I am about to apply year end support packages to our ECC system including all HR patches. Should I also be patching our BI system?

Thanks,

Maria

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

From this thread are you indicating the ECC has direct dependencies to SAP BI 7.0.

Where? I didn´t say that.

We have BI_CONT installed in our SAP BI system. My question comes from the fact that I am about to apply year end support packages to our ECC system including all HR patches. Should I also be patching our BI system?

No.

But: If you install patches for PI_BASIS you will need to make sure, the queues to BI in the ERP system are empty. SPAM will warn you about that. If you ignore that, you may not be able to transfer your deltas any more from the ERP system to BI after the system was patched. This is not only true for BI but also for other systems (CRM, SCM etc.) that use the standard interfaces out of PI_BASIS.

You may also need to replicate metadata between BI and ERP since extractors may have changed with the new patches.

Markus

Markus