Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down in an OVS

derekvincent
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am looking to impliment an OVS for a sold-to search and one of the fields to search on is sales org... I was wondering if it is possible to change input box for the sales org to a drop down an populate it with the list of sales orgs?

Cheers,

Derek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derek,

We can have either OVS or dropdown, but not both :).

If we go for OVS, we can have 'F4' support and we can have the search based on some criteria. And the data being fetched is always 'fresh'

If we use dropdown, we will be able to just populate the dropdown with the entire data and the user can just select one value from the listed down values. No search option is available here and but data population need to happen only once.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Nibu.

derekvincent
Participant
0 Kudos

Nibu, I am hoping to have the drop down in the OVS... When the OVS pops up instead of haveing a plain input box I would like it to be a drop down for the sales org.

Cheers,

D.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derek,

Sorry for not understanding your requirement fully

No, we donot have control over the Layout of the OVS screen and hence cannot change the UI elements.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Derek,

the corresponding context attribute within the helper context of the OVS (OVS custom controller -> see corresponding sample application on SDN) must be of type simple type containing an enumeration of key-displaytext-pairs. Then the generic OVS UI automatically renders a DrowDownByKey-UI-Element. The used fields are datatype-specific.

Regards, Bertram